- TECH DATA
- PRODUCT REVIEWS
- Product Q & A
Parker domnick hunter’s range of MIST-XL Mist Eliminators is the result of extensive research and development, and many years of experience in the design and manufacture of high efficiency compressed air treatment products.
Compressed air purification equipment must have a very low pressure drop, long service life and be strong enough to withstand the most arduous operating conditions. Protection from oil slugs or compressor air/oil separator failure is essential.
Parker domnick hunter’s range of MIST-XL Mist Eliminators is specifically designed to meet these demands and will optimize oil removal while ensuring extremely low pressure drop and long service life.
The Parker domnick hunter MIST-XL Mist Eliminator’s pressure drop is one of the lowest available at 0.5 psi which is typically 8 psi lower than conventional filters. This provides significant energy savings as on average every 2 psi pressure drop in the system equals a 1% loss in compressor horsepower.
Special Machine Pleated Element Construction
The machine pleating of the filter media increases its stability under changing loads and reduces the specific surface tension. This design results in a high load factor when compared to traditional hand packed media which is prone to inconsistent performance under varying load conditions. Also known as “preferential flow,” the airflow through media which is not consistently packed, can migrate to areas of least resistance over time as the element begins retaining dirt particles, allowing the filtration efficiency to be reduced. Utilizing a machine pleating process increases the flow and dirt holding capacity across the full area of the media, resulting in lower differential pressure and better energy savings from your compressed air system.
- Internally epoxy painted (corrosion inhibitor package) - (optional)
- Optimum protection against catastrophic air/oil separator failure by containing large slugs of oil and condensate, up to 50% of compressor sump capacity, without re-entrainment
- Incremental differential pressure gauge supplied for field installation - (standard)
- Condensate drain options
- Built per ASME Code with CRN registration (U or UM Stamp accordingly)
- Lifetime and Performance Guarantee - 5 year performance guarantee that the differential pressure will not exceed 1 psi d
- Long service life up to 10 years
- Ultra low 0.5 psi d
- Special machine pleated element construction
- Provides 9-10 times greater filtration surface area
- Eliminates migration of airflow to area of least resistance, also known as “preferential flow”
- Strong stainless steel support sleeve construction
- Eliminates rust and corrosion which can contaminate the system
- Integral support of the filter media to eliminate bypass of contaminants
- Tie-rod construction for complete mechanical protection against compressor air/oil separator failure
Product Q & A