- Expert Review
- TECH DATA
- PRODUCT REVIEWS
- Product Q & A
Parker is one of the leaders in drying and filtration for the compressed air industry.
"The primary reason for using a compressed air filter is to remove contamination and improve air quality"
The first step is to install the water separator. Typically installed after the source (compressor).
Feel free to contact any of our online experts with related questions or concerns. 866-778-6572
Parker Oil-X WS Water Separator, 3/8" NPT, 21 CFM | WSPX010BNFX-US
The primary reason for using a compressed air filter is to remove contamination and improve air quality. Parker's design philosophy of air quality, energy efficiency has led to products that provide highest air quality, lowest power consumption, lowest operational differential pressure, lowest CO2 emissions and lowest total cost of ownership. Since the introduction of the first Parker OIL-X range, Parker has continued to develop both the compressed air filter and the standards governing compressed air quality
To correctly select a separator model, the flow rate of the separator must be adjusted for the minimum operating (inlet) pressure at the point of installation.
1. Obtain the minimum operating (inlet) pressure and maximum compressed air flow rate at the inlet of the separator.
2. Select the correction factor for minimum inlet pressure from the CFMIP table (always round down e.g. for 77 psi g (5.3 bar g), use 73 psi g (5 bar g) correction factor.)
3. Calculate the minimum filtration capacity. Minimum Filtration Capacity = Compressed Air Flow Rate x CFP
4. Using the minimum filtration capacity, select a filter model from the flow rate tables above (filter selected must have a flow rate equal to or greater than the minimum filtration capacity).
5. Water separators come fitted with a float drain as standard. The float drain allows for a max operating pressure of 232 psi g (16 bar g). For operating pressures above 232 psi g (16 bar g) an alternative drain with a max pressure rating of 290 psi g (20 bar g) or greater should be fitted. Parker's manaul drain part number EM1 can be used for these high pressure applications.
Product Q & A