How to Receive and Inspect Air Compressor from the Seller
Air Compressor companies offering Free Shipping when buying online and we are here to protect the buyer from having to deal with any potential freight claims. This quick check list will help you receive your air compressor in good condition or how to refuse it and have the factory deal with the damage.
It is important to inspect your air compressor or compressor component before you sign the bill of lading from the trucking company. Our sales staff cannot tell you how many times customers receive their compressor without inspecting it and find it was damaged by the trucking company in transit. If you sign the bill of lading without inspecting the machine, you accept it free and clear and you own it as is.
We recommended you follow these basic shipping instructions;
- Someone will need to be present for the duration of the delivery appointment because inspection & signature are required.
- Make sure you have the right equipment to remove the compressors off the truck.
- Before signing for the delivery, perform a thorough inspection of the outer packaging.
- If there is any damage to the packaging (e.g. creases or dents, puncture holes, tears, etc.), take pictures, note “BOX DAMAGED” on the delivery receipt, and describe the damage on the delivery receipt. If the air compressor is damaged beyond repair, then refuse the shipment and have it sent back to the manufacturer.
- Inspect the interior of the package as their maybe interior damage.
- There maybe cardboard cone(s) strapped to the top of what was shipped. These are to prevent the trucking company from stacking anything heavy on the compressor or component. If these are damaged, inspect.
Protect your investment, inspect, inspect and inspect your compressor shipment as freight companies have been known to deny freight claims for the smallest details.