- Expert Review
- TECH DATA
- PRODUCT REVIEWS
- Product Q & A
Atlas Copco makes the BEST Variable Speed Drive Air Compressor, plus they offer a FREE FACTORY START UP with each VFD Compressor Purchase.
The VSD technology closely matches the air demand by automatically adjusting the motor speed. Combined with innovative design of the iPM (Permanent Magnet) motor, this results in average energy savings of 50% and an average cut of 37% in the lifecycle cost of a compressor. VSD+ works with permanent, in-house designed permanent magnetic motors.
There are too many reasons why you SHOULD buy a VFD air compressor. I highly recommend calling any of COMPRESSOR WORLD’s experts to discuss in further detail.
Atlas Copco’s GA VSD+ range brings a game-changing innovation to the general industry. The GA 7-37 VSD+ variable speed drive compressor reduces your energy consumption by a staggering 50% on average, compared to idling compressors. At the same time it offers improved performance, silent operation (down to 62 dB(A)) and a compact footprint, thanks to its vertical drive train design. The heart of the GA VSD+ is an interior permanent magnet motor, directly coupled to Atlas Copco’s best-in-class screw element: all of which have been in-house designed and have patents pending. All these benefits make the GA VSD+ the compressor of the future, setting a new standard in the industry for years to come.
- Highest reliability – The GA VSD+ has proven its reliability during extensive field-testing. The drive train is a completely closed, oil-cooled unit that is both quiet and reliable (IP 66), even in the harshest conditions.
- Exceptional energy savings – Atlas Copco’s GA Variable Speed Drive+ (VSD+) technology closely follows the air demand by automatically adjusting the motor speed to match the compressed air supply to the air demand. Combined with the innovative design of the iPM (Permanent Magnet) motor (efficiency corresponding to IE4 efficiency), this results in average energy savings of 50% and an average cut of 37% in the lifecycle cost of a compressor. A new, more efficient fan motor achieves another saving on specific energy requirements of up to 7% of the compressor power.
- On top of the energy savings, the GA VSD+ realizes a Free Air Delivery (FAD) increase of up to 12%. The design of the motor and the drive train are protected by pending patents.
- Air system integration - The GA VSD+ is compact, with a footprint that is less than half of the current GA VSD. Thanks to the silent motor and fully-enclosed drive train, this compressor runs as quietly as 62 dB(A). Thanks to its smart design, all maintenance parts are easy accessible and the compressor allows for installation close to a wall or even in corners.
- Advanced control and monitoring – To maximize efficiency and reliability, the Elektronikon® controls the main drive motor and regulates system pressure within a predefined and narrow pressure band. The Elektronikon® controller can be adapted to your specific needs with extra sensors, digital contacts, fieldbus, Internet and SMS communication functions. In combination with the ES multiple compressor controller, the operation of your complete compressor room is optimized.
- Integrated air treatment – The GA VSD+ is available in a Full Feature version that includes an energy-friendly integrated refrigerant dryer of the newest generation.
|Approach Temperature||20 Degrees Above Ambient|
|Capacity (CFM) @ 150/175 PSI||31.4 - 243.4 CFM @ 175 CFM|
|Certifications||UL Certified, ASME Coded|
|CFM (Capacity)||31.4 - 243.4 CFM @ 175 PSI|
|Compressor Style||Lubricated Rotary Screw|
|Controls||Variable Speed Drive|
|Cooling Type||Air Cooled|
|Max Pressure (PSI)||175 PSI|
|Min Ambient Temperature||40 F|
|Motor Type||iPM Enclosed|
|Pressure Rating||175 PSIG|
|Pump Drive||Direct Drive|
|Pump Type||Variable Speed Oil - Injected|
|Rated Duty Cycle||100%|
|Sound Level dBA||69 dBA|
|Standard Voltages||208/230/460/3/60 (Please Specify Voltage)|
|Dimensions (L)(W)(H)||49" x 31" x 63"|
|Standard Warranty||1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty|
Drawings & Manuals
Product Q & A